Here at VW Camper Hire Devon we believe in doing things properly. All our self drive hire periods are inclusive of insurance providing you meet the following criteria:
- Age limits: 23 to 75 years
- Driver must have held a valid licence for more than 24 months.
- Have no more than 6 points (we may be able to offer insurance if you have more but please confirm at time of booking)
- 1 Claim (Fault/no Fault) in last three years
- Details of additional drivers required in advance.
- Production of valid standard driver’s licence required from all drivers at start of hire. We will use a DVLA online tool to check licence status.
- Please check your licence carefully, if licence proves to be unacceptable at time of collection no monies will be refunded.
- Drivers are personally liable for all legal penalties (eg: speeding, parking fines, congestion charges), which are incurred during the period of hire.
- Each driver must provide 2 separate forms of identification, one of which must be photo ID, e.g. credit card and passport.
- Each driver must also provide 2 recent (within last 60 days) utility bills from the address stated on the licence.
You are responsible for the declaration of current driving convictions and points on your license. Failure to disclose this information may mean your insurance period is invalid. VW Camper Hire Devon Ltd will not be held liable for invalid insurance periods on hire periods resulting from this. In the event of an accent you may find yourself not sufficiently covered.
We try and work as flexibly as we can with our customers however in peak periods this unfortunately may not be possible. If you have specific requirements then these should be confirmed at time off booking.
We do ask that you provide your own bedding and towels. Most people bring sleeping bags for ease. If you did want us to provide these then please confirm this at time of booking and we will be happy to arrange this for you as an additional cost.
Unfortunately we do not allow this at this time.
We have off road parking available at our pick up and collection address that is locked at night. We do however advise that you do not leave valuables in your car and will not be held responsible for your vehicle or it’s contents while you are away.
Your self drive VW Camper will come complete with a full tank of petrol. We expect that it is also full when you return it to us. Empty or partially full tanks will be charged a flat rate of £75.00 out of the security deposit.
A traceable deposit is one that can be traced back to source, i.e an electronic transfer, either debit card, credit card. This is a stipulation of our insurance and without this you will not be able to take the vehicle. No refunds will be offered for customers expecting to pay cash on the day.
VW Camper Hire Devon is not a thing to be rushed! As a rough guide we suggest driving at no more than 60mph. Air cooled engines were not designed to keep up with modern day traffic and should not be driven in the same way as a modern car.
- Please allow 3/5 mins before setting off to enable the engine to warm up.
- We recommend taking regular ‘cooling off’ breaks , every hour or so, especially in warm weather.
- If you are sat in traffic please turn off the engine to avoid over heating.
- Avoid over revving the engine – driving in a too lower gear for your speed will result in over heating. Relax, enjoy the ride!
Cancelations may be made at any time. Please note the refund policy
- For cancelations made before 28 days of your departure or longer, we will offer a full refund on your hire fee, less your booking deposit.
- For cancelations within 28 days of your departure no refund will be made.
Probably our most asked question! LHD vehicles may seem unfamiliar at first but after 20-30mins drive most people feel comfortable and soon forget the wheel is on the other side of the bus. It can actually prove quite handy when you are navigating the narrow Devon lanes.
We currently accept debit and credit cards through our STRIPE interface on our website, we will also send our payment details with your invoice. Bank Transfers can be made direct to our account. Please make cheques payable to VW Camper Hire Devon Ltd. Unfortunately we do not handle cash at this time.
We ask that you pay a non refundable booking deposit of £150.00 to secure your dates. Your balance is due 28 days before your hire period commences. If booking within 28 days you will be required to pay the full amount at time of booking.
A frequently asked question! Please rest assured our vehicles are regularly serviced and maintained with only quality parts. Our campers are covered by AA cover so should the unlikely event arise this should be your first port of call for roadside repair. A small spares kit is carried with the vehicle upon rental. We do ask that you also contact us to inform us of the situation.
Should the vehicle not be able to be fixed at the roadside, while we cannot guarantee a replacement we will make every effort to make suitable arrangements for you. Should this not be achievable a partial refund may be offered.
Please be aware that drivers are responsible for these classic vehicles and as a hirer you are responsible for regularly checking the oil levels and tyre pressure. The costs incurred from any mechanical breakdown as a direct result of hirer neglect in this regard will be borne by the hirer. Our full terms and conditions can be found here.
Yes, of course. While Camper vans are fun and easy going we take business very seriously. For your peace of mind we are registered with the ICO (Information Commissioners Office) and registration number ZA201412 and take the necessary precautions when regarding your data protection. We are also a private Ltd company and can be found on the companies course register number 09554431. We are also a member of the Federation of Small Businesses. Your details will never be used outside of this business or sold on.