They say home is where you park it! Meet Ernie, 1973 VW Westfalia Campmobile. Available for VW camper holiday hire, wedding car hire and special event hire throughout Devon.
In 1973 the true ‘Late Bay’ was born. This was the start of a series of major advances in VW camper technology from it’s predecessor the ‘Early Bay’ whose components were carried over from the Split Screen. With upgraded brakes, better signalling, sales of the increasingly popular multi-use family vehicle soared.
Ernie is our Lotus White, all original Westfalia Campmobile from the United States. The layout is considered by far the best use of space and functionality and has yet to be bettered. Many of today’s ‘modern’ conversions borrow from its design. He is powered by a 1600 engine that will happily cruise at 60mph and is left hand drive which is actually a benefit on the Devon lanes!
His features are as follows:
- 1600 air cooled engine
- Left Hand Drive
- Pop Top Roof with Roof Bed to sleep 1/2 little ones
- Rock and Roll bed to sleep 2 adults
- Cab Bunk (sleeps small child under 7 of average size/weight)
- Wardrobe and storage
- Kitchen Block that houses the cool box, sink
- Separate removable Gas cooker
- Fold out table
- Rear facing buddy seat for social dining
- 240V electric hook up so you can ‘plug in’ at campsites
- CD Radio with iPhone/Pod USB port
- AA Cover
- Free Onsite Parking
Ernie is equipped with everything you could possibly need for your camping holiday including:
- Everything you need to cook
- Everything you need for dining
- Leveling chocks to level up the camper
- Electric hook up lead to power the bus when at campsite
- Cool Box
- Thermal blinds
- Outdoor chairs x 2
Looking for our Pricing page?
- Bike Rack £25, Awning £50, Bedding Packs £25 (per couple), Pet Carriage £50 when available please ask. Additional drivers charged at £10 per night.
If we have left anything off please don’t hesitate to get in touch with VW Camper Hire Devon as we can cater for most needs with a bit of notice.